Maps, problems, info and requests.

Here you can post about technical issues you are having. We may or may not be able to help you.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Re: Maps, problems, info and requests.

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Added new map called dm_library_v2. Looks ok, plays ok, but get stuck in the "Exits" where only solution is kill in console and let server respawn you.
Left a message for maker, he says it is his first map and wants feedback.
Also mentioned a res file as there is a custom wad, lol.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

I tried the above map again, and it worked fine, no problems with the "exits", now see the doors that were not there yesterday and they make a locked sound. It was an effect like looking in a mirror with another mirror behind you, lol.
Left word of this for the maker, he has now included a res file.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Added new map called inquiry, has hints of crossfire and some xen areas outside, and slightly lower gravity.
No complaints from the players that were in, yet.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Added map i got sent for easter called bunny, it is too small for server but the bots enjoyed it.
Also added a new map called dm_home, kind of dark and creepy, a few building and plenty outsides connected by walk through tunnels.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Added new map called crossfire_kickass, crossfire with a couple of things changed.
Not sure if this map is a little laggy, or just me needing a reboot.
Not tried it since i rebooted.
It was ok after reboot.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Added new map stone3, which is an update to the map stone. Mostly visually and a little more area in parts.
The author made so many changes to stone that i had to ask him to rename it or we could not run it due to players that already had stone getting the "your map differs" error, he made a few more tweaks and changed name to stone3.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Added a new map called moro last week, and finally got it running and stopped it crashing servers.
First crashed after trying it as it came.
Made a res file and found custom sounds were not in proper folders, rectified this and it still crashed servers.
Found a .mdl file missing and purloined one from some other server. Then my game quit but gave an error of missing a T.mdl file, they are troublesome and i dislike them.
Found missing T.mdl file in our fast d/l location along with the other file i purloined, transfered it to servers after manually adding T.mdl file to res file (this is why i dislike them as resgen does not pick them up).
Map now runs ok, but may be laggy in parts, it is another "realistic" one of a building in Tampere, Finland.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Swapped mapcycles around, took a few out and added a couple of new maps to both servers.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Swapped mapcycles around, still to add a few maps as i have not completed my lists yet.
Only another four maps to find.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Swapped cycles around, took some maps out and added a few to both servers.