Config

Here you can post about technical issues you are having. We may or may not be able to help you.
*L.T.K*Dragon_storm
LTK Clan Member

Config

Post by *L.T.K*Dragon_storm »

I have noticed today that on server 3 when it changes maps I loose my ability to change weapons with my programed keys. I have the crossbow set to the letter c and when a new map starts it stops working. If I quit the game and go back it all works fine but after the next map change it happens again. I have restarted steam.

Thoughts?

DS
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Re: Config

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Wasn't me, even if i been flitting between servers trying the new maps.
Thought was maybe new map duobunker which originally would have started with just a pistol in our servers. Will reboot when it is empty.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Server rebooted.
And it rebooted this morning too, for some reason.

Twice now i had a similar problem, when chat appears as i type it in, but does not go to onscreen. And i can't change from weapon i have shown. When this happens my normally green flat line in Netgraph goes really weird, with lots of zigzags, but no great increase in ping or lag.
Map was kitkat_disco this time, need note what map next time, lol.
tommytoad
Site Admin

Post by tommytoad »

I think Gratch may be onto something about checking to see what map is running. It could be something messed up with the config for a map - if it does it on a particular map. However, if it does it on maps onwith which you have not had the problem before then I don't have a clue.

I would really, really, really hate to think that the server configuration got changed somehow (and I know Gratch would agree that it would be very, very troublesome if that were the case).

tt
[img]c:\clansite\tommytoadspray.jpg[/img]
*L.T.K*Dragon_storm
LTK Clan Member

Server 3, I went in while map Lambda bunker was running and played through rattlerv2 and the_edge . . . when it came to doublecross my config stopped working again. left and reentered the game and it worked fine went to next map and all is still working.
*L.T.K*Dragon_storm
LTK Clan Member

I went as far as two maybe three maps after that and no issues.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

It happened again to me, this time in map xfire, no weapon change, no chat getting through, same in next map, so i went and peeled my potatoes for my roast beef and gravy. Silver linings are everyplace. :lol:
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Found another couple of players with this problem, makes six i know of.
Italian player said he had it also when he used play Sunlit server (5 or 6 years ago), and i was starting to think i was imagining that i had it many years ago, lol.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Asked hosts about the weapon changing problems, new to them, below is a reply, at least they tried.

George,

Well must be some setting or could be from the mod, because that kind of issues are caused at server settings or mods level, not at a machine level, i mean doesnt matter the machine server is, or location, doesn't affect ingame situations.

Did you tried to google or check on half life forums for that exact same situation, maybe some easy setting ?

Kind Regards,

I have googled but nothing that was pertinent to this particular problem, same in Steam Forums, maybe i was using the wrong phrases in searches.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Hosts are going to clone Server 1 to new location in place of Server 3 maybe tomorrow, my time, lol. I knew i had this guy's interest when he started talking about Half Life being an icon of gaming and had we ever tried other games. Told him we had, but always came back to Sev's.

Hey George,

Give me the IP of the server that doesn't have the problem, the good one, tomorrow during my shift i will try to replicate it for you and we will see how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Will update as i get any word.