Config

Here you can post about technical issues you are having. We may or may not be able to help you.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Re: Config

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Got emailed we had a new server, but.....
Server was in USA and not UK, ticketed them about it, guy told me he was doing some experiments and to give him time and he will get back to me.
Both servers are still there, but may come and go at any time as he stops them to copy files etc.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

He made a new server in USA as that was the IP Address i gave them. Yes, as another guy asked for IP Address of the one with no problem to take clone from there.
Now got a new part server in UK, going to take some time i fear, but servers are both currently ok.
It is better when one guy deals with things like this, less muck ups and wasted time.
Currently with original guy. :)
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

New Server 3 has been set up. IP is 81.19.211.169:27015

This is an attempt to cure the "can't change weapons" problem some of have.
It is a new server with files copied from Server 1, where there has been no problem reported.
PLeae play this new server for a while to try and prove the problem has gone.

You better play it as i been all morning/afternoon transferring files and twiddling them as hosts didn't quite do what they said, but their heart was in the right place, lol.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

When i think all is ok with new server, i gets an email saying new reply to my previous ticket. i go read it, to find guy dealing with me agreed with me from a couple days ago that all the maps/wads/models/sounds hadn't transferred, and he had started doing that, only 20 minutes to go (his internet is faster than my fibre, grr). I had contacted him telling him what i had done that earlier but must have clicked Cancel instead of Submit, double grr. So i told him again, waiting reply.
But new server 3 TEST is still running, so test it out for the can't change weapons bug please.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

New server 3 now has same IP Address as previous server 3. Old one is disabled meantime.
Please let me know if weapon changing problem has now disappeared.
I can now report to myself about that as i had the problem too, just not as often as others.
Left the word TEST in new server as i was asked to report back to hosts on this problem.
Files for new server were from Server 1, in which no problem was reported.