Swapped Servers Around

Here you can post about technical issues you are having. We may or may not be able to help you.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Swapped Servers Around

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

I swapped the servers around, Server 1 is now team play, and server 3 is single player.

This is to try and identify the "not being able to change weapons or send chat" problems a few players have had.
Servers are identical except for team play or not and problem was only reported for Server 3.
*L.T.K*Dragon_storm
LTK Clan Member

Re: Swapped Servers Around

Post by *L.T.K*Dragon_storm »

Well it stayed with the server . . . I just had that config issue happen again, moving to xfire map.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Same with me, think Rascal had it the day before.
Still none the wiser what is causing this.
An Admin from another server got roped in too, he has no idea either.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Thing is, last time hard drives were lost in USA data centre, i got our hosts to clone Server 3 to USA site (was quickest way to get server up again) so only diference in our servers is teamplay or single player. Unless someone knows better. Or it could be a Steam vagary as was mentioned from the admin from ACR.
When players cannot see entities such as ladders and doors, that is a Steam Vagary as admitted by Steam, but not in the wording they use, lol. Their answer to that is quit Steam and log back in again to cure it, but it does not all the time, reboot server works but is not a server problem, is a Steam Problem.
*L.T.K*Dragon_storm
LTK Clan Member

I was just in today for about 1/2 hr and every map it did that, I even got out restarted steam and after it worked for one map and then it happened again after that. I left after that.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Servers back they way they were originally, as Server 1 is non team play, and Server 3 is now team play again.
Servers were originally switched to try cure a weapons change problem that several players had in Server 3 only.
Files were taken from Server 1 (which had no problem) and used to rebuild a new server 3. New server 3 has been built in a new location and now been given the same IP Address as the old Server 3.
So heres hoping problem has been cured.
*L.T.K*Dragon_storm
LTK Clan Member

Well so far had no issues . . . other than Gratch killing me more than I thought he should have. :D
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

:lol:
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Ah well, that didn't last long.
Started on Sat evening, first or second map the problem came back.
Will others please let me know if it is ok with them, or hopefully it is just me this time.
Took a screen shot of the effect this has on my netgraph to send to hosts, but can't find it, and it don't show in the ones i have in steam.
*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Hosts got back in touch, saying

George,

I can try to create a new server on a different machine and copy the files over and we test this theory on another machine, just tell me something, which IP i can delete ?

Kind Regards,

Last time it was a copy of the good Server 1, but was put on same machine as Server 3 (which was disabled then), all i did was rename server and welcome message, but problem reappeared a day after new server was complete.
So now hosts will copy Server 1 to a different machine sometime, and we hope for the best.
I may just leave it being called Server 1, and change Server 1 to Server 3, lol.
Really clutching at straws now.