Pandemic

This forum is for general chat and basically anything that does not fit into the other forums.
*L.T.K*DR FEELGOOD
LTK Clan Member

Pandemic

Post by *L.T.K*DR FEELGOOD »

I hope all is well as possible for everyone during this time. Our small down is like a ghost town. Our business is shut down until further notice. We are on day 3 of 0 income and we are not eligible for unemployment because we are self employed. Our grocery stores (2) are empty more or less.
I am telling you this because I would like to hear your situation if you wanted to share it.

*L.T.K*GRATCH
LTK Clan Member

Re: Pandemic

Post by *L.T.K*GRATCH »

Almost the same here, shutting down everything.
UK government has stated that they will pay 80% of company's wages so they can keep people employed.
Read between the lines, that is only if you PAYE (pay as you earn) tax. Nowt so far about self employed so far. I recon that is not fair, if you pay into economy then they should help you too.
My small football I support has stopped it's weekly lottery fund from last night as can't collect money from us therefore can't pay out winnings if nothing in the kitty.
On a brighter note I went to see the grandkids before we get locked in our own housed.

tommytoad
Site Admin

Re: Pandemic

Post by tommytoad »

I am retired so it is not so hard on me. My daughter is an ER nurse and a home health care nurse with a 4 year old and 14 year old. She is frazzled to say the least - very overworked. I've not been out of the house for 1 week so I can't speak to the grocery stores.

This is going to be a lot worse before it gets better. I wonder if it would have been better just to let the virus run its course rather than lock everything down. The damage to the economy would not have been as bad it seems. Perhaps I'm just a cold bastard but that is the way I see it. My wife says isolation is the best bet as it seems our government feels the same. She has me under lock and key. I have got a lot of work done in and around the house.

Much prayer is in order. I hope you all stay safe.

tt
[img]c:\clansite\tommytoadspray.jpg[/img]